Hazardous Waste

Wednesday, March 12, 2008
I drove to Metro today to take some old paint & varnish to the hazardous waste drop-off. I've now dropped hazardous waste off twice, and both times, it was a pleasant experience. Not only was I thrilled to be disposing of our waste in an environmentally friendly & safe way, but the staff at Metro have to be the happiest bunch I've come across in a long time. There are many brochures on recycling and disposing that you can pick up, and the guy that helped me unload our paint buckets noticed I had two kids in the car, and gave me a brochure on how to safely dispose of products such as mercury-containing thermometers. He gave me a great little kitchen magnet with Metro's information and took time to chat with Samuel about his new gorilla.

After last night (see yesterday's post), the first thing I did this morning was to call my doctor's office to make an appointment for my mastitis. It didn't worsen overnight, fortunately, so I made an afternoon appointment & headed to Metro. My Mom commented on yesterday's blog that Juniper's fussiness last night could have been the cause of all the espresso I drank. This is probably true, however, she also seems to be coming down with a slight cold, which also could have contributed to how she was feeling. She's generally fussy in the evenings, but last night was definitely out-of-the-ordinary. I felt tired today, but much less so than yesterday, and drank a normal amount of coffee. Tonight was much easier. Juniper wasn't nearly so fussy, and slept normally (waking at 3, 5, and 7 for feedings).

My doctor's appointment went well. I'm now on antibiotics and feeling much better. My doctor was not happy to hear the on-call doctor wouldn't give me antibiotics over the phone, and promised to "get to the bottom of this." She said I deserved better care than that. I love my family practitioner!

Things are definitely on the incline. I have to remember that for every down day there is usually an up day that follows.

Thanks to the guys in hazardous waste for brightening my day with their cheerfulness! Who would have thought one could find cheer there?


Anonymous said...

could you have really gotten your antibiotics at 11:30 pm? Maybe you could have called your regular provider first thing in the morning and she could have called the medication in for you?

Amy said...

I am SO happy to hear that you are feeling better!!! Once I got on antibiotics I was feeling amazing by the very next day. Life is so much easier when you are feeling good, isn't it?!

Beetles and Bees said...

Anonymous--We have a 24 hour pharmacy nearby that Landon was willing to drive to if I worsened. After the first doctor declined to give the antibiotic over the phone, I assumed she was speaking for the whole office. It wasn't until I went to my appointment that I realized that my doctor would have done that for me.

Amy--you're so right!

2003-2017 Karli Del Biondo. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top