Back from India

Friday, November 23, 2007

On our way home last night from McMinnville, we were supposed to pick up Landon's parents, Mike & Susan, from the airport. They've been traveling in India since the 3rd week of October. There wasn't enough room for all of us to go, so Landon was going to drop Samuel and I off at their house, then go pick them up. When we walked in the door to his parents' house, Eli, their cat, was dead on the floor. He was diagnosed with congestive heart failure a couple of days before they left on their trip, and has been pretty weak the last five weeks or so that they have been gone. Besides the housesitter, Samuel and I went over there several times to keep Eli company, and Landon went over there one day as well. In the end, he wasn't quite able to hold on until they got back, but it was so close. It was such awful timing. I was pretty emotional about it, and refused to stay at the house w/ a dead cat, so Samuel and I went to the airport and picked up Mike & Susan, and Landon stayed at the house. Mike & Susan were pretty sad about Eli, and what a sad situation to come home to. They had to bury him today. He hadn't been dead long when we found him--maybe he had died that morning. Anyway, it was a sad evening, and by the time I'd watched Grey's Anatomy last night, I was so emotionally & physically exhausted that I fell right to sleep. Poor Samuel has a bad cough/cold, though, so I was up a few times w/ him.

Today, we ran around getting last minute supplies for the birth & for the new baby. It was a crazy day to be out & about--biggest shopping day of the year! In the evening, we went downtown to watch the Christmas tree lighting in Pioneer Square. What a zoo! This obese woman kept shoving me from behind. I actually thought I was in real labor the whole time we were down there, and I was in no mood to be shoved. I came SO close to going off on her. It was a mob scene. The contractions wrapped around to my back, and felt just like early labor w/ Samuel. During dinner @ Dragon Fish, however, they stopped. I had a few more off and on throughout the evening, but nothing came back consistent like it had earlier this evening. I couldn't believe how well I slept last night. We picked Samuel up some warmer pj's @ Target today, and he actually slept through the night for about the 5th time since he's been born. I slept solid from 11:30PM to 4:30PM. I can't remember the last time this pregnancy that I slept 5 hours in a row. I can really feel the difference when I get at least 4 to 5 hours in a row w/out getting up. Of course, this is the whole thing w/ having a newborn. You don't get those hours of sleep in a row. Sleeping in one to two hour increments can be pretty exhausting. I was so grateful for the deep sleep last night. No contractions, sciatic pain, baby movements--nothing. I was just able to sleep. --Karli


2003-2017 Karli Del Biondo. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top