Wednesday, February 09, 2005
By 9am, my contractions had not grown any closer together--still 15 minutes apart. After talking to my Mom & my sister Tracy, I decided to call the doctor to find out what I should do. They asked me to come in for a non-stress test. The test came out fine, and they asked if I could get some rest if they sent me home. I told them there was no way I could sleep through these contractions, as they were painful enough that I could not even talk during them! So, the doctor said I had the option of being admitted to the hospital for therapeutic rest. I took them up on the offer in hopes that I could get some sleep, and that maybe my labor would begin to progress. I was admitted to a birthing suite, given some morphine to help me sleep, and before I knew it, I was sound asleep. I drifted in and out of sleep for about four hours, and then the doctor came in and checked me. I had gone from 2 to 3 cm, so they decided to admit me. By 6 or 7pm, I was still 3cm. dilated, and my contractions were still 15 minutes apart. The nurse talked to me about starting pitocin to try to regulate my contractions and bring them closer together. I agreed that this was the direction we should go. By 1am, I was in so much pain with contractions that I began to feel like I was losing control, not to mention the fact that I was incredibly exhausted with only 4 hours of sleep in 2 days. So, I requested the epidural to try to get some rest. I had not dilated any further, so felt I should try to rest since my labor was looking like it would be a long one. The epidural did help, and I was able to rest off and on until about 6am. --Karli


2003-2017 Karli Del Biondo. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top