Saturday, March 06, 2004
Sharla lost the contest, which I was very disappointed about, but what can you do??--nothing!

Friday (yesterday) ended up being more eventful than I documented below. After I made that post, Landon got home with some take-out Thai food, and after we ate, he went downstairs to the basement to get some of his laundry so he could get ready to go to session. Because our laundry had fallen so behind, he had to wear shorts to work on Friday, which is okay as far as his dress code is concerned, but he didn't want to wear shorts to session, because, let's face it, it isn't summer yet. Anyway, he went down to the basement, and I was doing the dishes. The basement is right below our apartment (obviously), and I heard him yell. Thinking he was getting attacked down there, I bolted downstairs, only to find him on the ground, which initially was even scarier. I soon learned that his back had gripped him with so much pain, that he couldn't even move. It took some time, but he finally got upstairs by crawling on all-fours. Once he got into bed, he was completely unable to move. He stayed this way all night. Neither of us got more than an hour or so of sleep all night, because Landon was in such excruciating pain. I finally got up and had a shower to get ready to take him to the ER at 5am, but then Landon decided he wanted to wait until 9am when urgent care opened. At 7am, Mike and Susan came by with a belt that helps to alleviate back pain. It's like a back brace. Landon put that on, and seemed to be doing a little better, but then his back started hurting really bad all over again. Slowly but surely, we got him out to the car so I could take him to urgent care. Before this, Mike and Susan left, because Susan had a consulting job she had to be at by 9am in Forest Grove.

Before we went to urgent care, I stopped at Starbucks, but (obviously) Landon stayed in the car, since getting in and out of the car is one of the most painful things for someone that has back pain. We were the first people at urgent care when they opened, so Landon was able to get in right away, but unfortunately, the MD was not very professional. We got what we were after, though, which was pain medication and muscle relaxants for Landon's back. He was also given a shot of torodal in the right-hand side of his lower back. This was supposed to help relax the muscles, which it did. We went to Fred Meyer's and had the prescriptions filled (ultram and flexeril), then came home.

Landon took the medications, then fell unconscious. I read all afternoon until I left at 6:30pm to go see "White Knights" at the Keller Auditorium with Cindy. It was so amazingly beautiful. I would recommend this ballet to anyone. We went to the presentation beforehand, and had a glass of champagne. It was such a beautiful ballet. I just loved it, and every time I see a ballet, I stop and ask myself why I don't go more often. It is one of the most relaxing things to watch, not to mention one of the most incredible forms of dance art around. I can't believe people can move their bodies in those ways without contracting major problems with their bones and muscles. But, what do I know!??

When I got home, I read for another 45 minutes, then went to bed. Landon didn't even budge, because the medications had knocked him out so completely.
All I can say is that I wanted nothing more than to sleep well, because I hadn't hardly slept a wink the night before. Tomorrow is a big homework day, after all!


2003-2017 Karli Del Biondo. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top